October 10, 2010
Today is 10-10-10! The 10th day of the 10th month of the 10th year. What is it about the number 10 and 10-10-10 that draw people to this number sequence? People love triple digit numbers, but especially the number 10! Even if you know nothing about numerology or pay little or no attention to numbers, something about the triple number of anything, make people feel or think that something special, or magical or lucky can happen – The words lucky and fortune always seem to attach itself to the number 10 . Triple digit numbers can intensify or magnify its base. In fact it’s true that triple anything will activate that number to a higher octave. Just think of someone winning three 10’s in a competition of some sort — it is an indication of a clear winner!
The number 10 – by itself is already a powerful number – replicate it, and it’s properties are even more powerful. The number 10 begins a new cycle – it is a repetition of the number 1. The number 10 was the Pythagorean symbol of perfection or completeness.
The number 10 has many occurrences, some of which are as follows:
- In mathematics, the number 10 is the culmination of the first 4 numbers (1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 10).
- In numeral systems, 10 is the base of the decimal numeral system
- In religion, there are the Ten Commandments
- In Buddhism, they have their own Ten Commandments ( five for monks and five for laity)
- In money, there are 10 cents in a dime
- In music, Beethoven composed 10 violin sonatas
- In sports – there is ten-pin bowling, in baseball there are always ten players on the field, in basketball the height of the goals is ten feet high.
- There are 10 virtues.
- Humans have 10 toes and 10 fingers.
The number 10 in the Tarot are all interrelated as expressions of great changes and endings:
- The 10 of wands represents extreme change.
- The 10 of cups represents extreme happiness.
- The 10 of swords represents extreme difficulties.
- The 10 of pentacles represent extreme money.
- The Wheel of Fortune (the 10) represents expansion.
What makes the number 10 a perfect number?
Ten is one of 4 perfect numbers (3, 7, 10 & 12). But it is the 10 that is the number that reaches ordinal perfection as a number. Ordinal is a specified position in a numbered series. This perfection is achieved with the number 10 if you relate it to the flesh of our ten fingers and 10 toes. When babies are born, the parents literally look to make sure their child has 10 perfect fingers and 10 perfect toes. The number 10 is the number of the ego (1) and new beginnings coupled with limitless space (0). It is the culmination of the previous 9 numbers as it builds in intensity from 1 through 9 to the ten.
The number 10 reduces to the number 1. What the Old and New Testament reveal about the number 1:
- The number 1 in the Old Testament reminds us that the first spiritual emanation was light. If our soul continues to follow the light, we will get back to the source. The number 1 represents a new beginning, a new start and unity.
- The number 1 in the New Testament reminds us that the 1 is the zero made more manifest; it is the self, independence and unity.
The activation of the 10-10-10
My belief is that with the numerical vibration of the 10-10-10, this is a reminder from the universe that with the triple activation of the 10/1, we have the unity and purpose and new beginnings of the number 1 — to get back to our source and to follow the light within us – to find the goodness. The zero is the number of God and has no beginning and no end.
10 + 10 + 10 has 3 ones and 3 zeros – All numbers containing the 0, the God power is behind the expression of the first digit, which is the number 1 – again it represents unity, purpose and new beginnings. And here we have the triple activation effect of the triple 10 today – the God power is tripled behind the expression of the triple ones.
Kathleen Lamoureux, Intuitive Life coach and Numerologist helps her clients find direction, true purpose, and to understand not only themselves, but their most intimate relationships. – with others and with themselves. Kathleen reveals the meaning of numbers as they relate to all things metaphysical and gives private numerology readings and coaching sessions.